6/4/13

The haunting of MLB's A-List. Historic Pfister Hotel delivers room-service of scares


Eight major league ball players share their very frightening encounters with guests from the other-side. Story continues with link below. 

Stacey Pressman 
ESPN The Magazine

A ROAD GAME at Miller Park usually means a stay at the Pfister, downtown Milwaukee's historic hotel, which plays host to most visiting ballclubs. It's got swank rooms, a prime location -- and a major league reputation for spooking its guests. Rumor has it that the 120-year-old landmark is haunted by the ghost of its founder, Charles Pfister, who died in 1927. Sound silly? Tell that to these A-listers.

Bryce Harper, Nationals
One time last summer, before I went to sleep, I laid a pair of jeans and a shirt on that table at the foot of the bed, those things in hotels that you sit on to put on your shoes. I just laid 'em out, simple as that. When I woke up in the morning -- I swear on everything -- the clothes were on the floor and the table was on the opposite side of the room against the wall. I was so flustered. I honestly thought there might be someone in my room. I had no idea what the hell just happened, so I actually looked around, and then I checked to see if the door was still latched, and it was.

I thought someone -- maybe [Jayson] Werth -- came into my room during the night and moved everything around, and I knew Tyler Moore and Lombo [Steve Lombardozzi] were both near me too, but they said that no one had done anything like that. Now, they could be lying to me. That's possible, and no one else seemed to have a weird experience, but it really creeped me out. I went downstairs and changed my room immediately. Different room, different floor. I said, "I just need to get out of that room. I don't want to talk about it, I just need to get out." So they moved me to a higher floor.

Story continues here: espn.go.com

Related stories . . . 

Terrifying tales of real life EXORCIST the Reverend Tom Willis

Virgin Mary Apparition In Ohio? Ghostly Figure Appears In Photo Behind Erin Potter, Child Battling Leukemia (VIDEO)

No comments:

Post a Comment