4/28/14

Dawn of a New Ice Age?



Mark Turner
Mysterious World
4/28/14

Authors note: I am not a scientist nor am I a profit. This is only wild speculation based on various 'clues' and assumptions. I hope none of this is accurate because I really hate winter. 


A Vision of White 


After reading recent news reports like; "60 percent of Lake Superior remains under ice" and "Great Pine Island Glacier Breaks Away from Antarctica being closely monitored by NASA", I must admit that I could not help but to give into some wild, if not nervous speculation. I have long been fascinated by the book The Coming Global Superstorm by Whitley Strieber and Art Bell and the work of Robert W. Felix who's book, Not by Fire but by Ice has this grim byline to ponder; "Beginning with the dinosaur extinction of 65 million years ago, Not by Fire but by Ice explores the relationship between mass extinctions, ice ages, and magnetic reversals (times when compasses pointed south instead of north)." To give a brief tag line of all of this, let me sum them up by saying that both books give a dire warning of a coming global Ice Age that none of us are prepared for and which could end our current civilization. A chilling thought no doubt, and if any of this is to be believed, are we in the early stages of something big?

Money News Headline April 01, 2014

Bits and Pieces 


The North American Great Lakes are currently under a record amount of ice for the ending of April and the first week of May. Already, leading climatologists and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Climate Prediction Center to predict a cooler summer for 2014. Across northern and eastern Europe, bad winter snows persist into early and mid spring and Russia and India are being hit with snow and blizzards as well. I do not think the entire planet will enter into a big freeze, but we could be in for harsher winters and more wild summers. Remember the record droughts of the past few years in California and the mid west? Already, the winter of 2013 and 2014 brought us the unusual polar vortexes that caused havoc on roads, people and our lagging economy. It is obvious that when there are minor disruptions to supply chains and electricity, it can be a major if not deadly inconvenience to large populations.


The Vision


So what was my dark and frightening vision? When I read that our lakes are still plagued with ice, I naturally thought of the old Ice Ages and then I saw the story about NASA tracking the huge ice berg, B31 and their concern that I could run into shipping lanes. At 6 times the size of Manhattan, there is great cause for concern. And then when I read that the ice berg, if it were to ever melt completely , could cause world sea levels to rise nearly 5 feet, the vision suddenly came to me.  All of the ice that use to cover my home state of Ohio had to come from a major source of something called water. Seems simple, but theres more. Based on what I have heard in interviews with Robert W. Felix, as I understand it, the winters and summers are both more chaotic, more extreme. One of the key ingredients is drought in certain areas and wild, increased precipitation on others. Basically, the earth undergoes a radical phase of hot and cold flashes that begin to change its overall climate. That's probably not a great summation, but its how I came to see this drifting iceberg as one of the engines for increased rain fall, rising global sea levels, flooding and then taking that water, moving chunks to the places where it will place the ice. I could see some ice bergs melting and others forming, larger and larger. Rain was falling record amounts all over the globe. And that, in a small version is what is going on now. No ice age for 1,500 years – Accompanied by photo of GROWING glacier


And speaking of flooding, a study picked up by CBS and National Geographic states that:
New York City is at least twenty times more likely to see flooding during extreme weather events than it was in the 18th century, according to a new study, of changing environmental conditions. That means that fallout from storms like Hurricane Sandy, which cost the U.S. $65 billion in damages, could happen more often.
                                                                               The Wire, April 25th 2014

Yep, more flooding. Not good news. Its not the kind of thing I enjoy, but I would feel even worse if I didn't at least present a warning. All be it, a warning based on a few theories and some news reports. Living in a cold weather state makes me dread something like a little or big ice age. Lets hope I'm way off target on all of this. But we do know, that as far as the charts go, we are in a cycle that is due for the start of an ice age. These stories have been around since I was a kid, but now they seem to have the weight of evidence behind them.

Darren Aronofsky's Noah: Paramount Pictures Corp. 2014

I do not believe global warning is part of this equation. I do however believe that the sun has something to do with all of this. I fear that our parent star may be a middle-aged star and this could be part of its ageing cycle. What happened nearly 10 thousand years ago on this planet was that the great ice sheets that covered North America, melted. This is where all of the world flood myths come from, a great melting that wiped out a previous world. I wondered, when the latest Noah movie came out, (which I saw and enjoyed) if there was a conscious part of the filmmakers to point to an end of an age? The end of our own age?

Lets hope I'm really wrong on this.

Related stories . . .  
The Ancient Giants Who Ruled America: A book review
Stonehenge Beneath Lake Michigan
Our Forgotten Indian Mound and the Bones of Giants
Mound Park in Portsmouth Ohio
The Ancient Cosmic War
Great Lakes Mysteries - Monsters, Ghost Ships, UFOs & Vortexes of Doom
Monster of the Skies! Thunderbird - Legends, Sightings & Evidence
Indian Mound, Southern Marion Ohio, Late 1800's.

No comments:

Post a Comment